Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
pgg

Default plumber failed to fix drip

I recently hired a plumber to fix a few leaks and drips. He spend about
45 minutes trying to fix my leaking bathroom sink, but failed and said I
am SOL. He couldn't get the seat out because it was stripped, and
smoothing it out didn't do the trick. The drip is getting worse daily.

First question I have is should he have charged me for 45 minutes of labor
even though he failed to fix the sink?

I'm also now stuck facing a costly remodel of my bathroom. The sink is 50
years old and the vanity is custom. If I replace the sink, I will have
to tear out the vanity, the ceramic tile splash-back, and put in new
flooring because there is nothing else on the market that fits. Not
something I want to do. The plumber said it is possible to pull the sink
out of the wall so that the faucet valves can be replaced, but this would
likely be more expensive than installing a new vanity sink.
Sigh...

Any advice? Should I call a 2nd plumber? I question the man's competence...

Delta faucet drip...drip...drip... orangetrader Home Repair 19 December 25th 04 09:55 PM
Question regarding roofing felt and drip cap!! Lee Bray Home Repair 5 October 29th 04 12:07 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Good Plumber or Bad Plumber? Robert Fenster Home Repair 14 June 2nd 04 06:01 AM
gutter drip edge problems wgadsby Home Repair 1 October 24th 03 10:26 AM