JimL

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:15:54 GMT, pgg
wrote:

Let's try a little long distance ESP and see what happens:

Original sink.
Ceramic installed at a later time w/o removing sink. Sink now
locked in.
Base and counter installed at later time w/o removing sink. Sink
was locked in.

This bath have a toilet in it?
ESP...ESP... ESP...
Toilet was in corner by door.
Base unit hides where toilet used to be.
Base/counter retro to fit sink that could not be removed because it
is locked in by the ceramic tile that was installed w/o removing and
remounting sink.

w/o actually looking at it 1st person I can not say for certain, but
unless it possible to make a repair on the faucet, it does look like
the plumber did all he could w/o attempting to remove the sink from
the wall w/o damaging sink or tile. Sink has to be removed to
replace fixture. Sink must be lifted UP to remove.

Not in pictu ESP... ESP... ESP...
Tub shower, window with rotting frame and lose glass, walls soft
and/or crumbling in places especially around window and where it
meets the tub and evidence or many attempts to patch lose/crumbling
plaster.

Sound about right or was my ESP seeing the bath down the street
because it does not work that far?? ;-)

I understand the bath is suppose to be the most bang for the buck
when it comes to increasing selling value of the house.
Maybe it's time to rip it all out to the bare lath and modernize the
bath... including getting rid of the window and installing bath vent
fan. ;-)

You are damn good. I've been in the house 2 years. From talking to my
neighbors, there used to be a window in the bathroom. There is no window
now and a plastic tub surround is now covering the wall (you can't tell
from the outside except for a section of the house that looks sort of odd
without a window). At least they did a good job with the outside siding.

There was a bathroom fan present and the installation was terrible. It
wasn't vented properly. About 3 months ago I installed a nice new
bathroom fan and vented it through the roof (I hired a contractor to
install the roof vent)

I don't think the toilet was ever moved because I honestly can't imagine
where else it would fit.

Your theory about the counter/vanity being installed around the sink is
probably correct.

We are leaning towards installing a new sink/vanity. I painted the bath a
month ago. I will need to put in new flooring and repaint the section of
the wall where the ceramic tile will have to be removed.

Not sure if replacing the toilet makes sense. It works fine. I will also
probably keep the mirror because it is build into the wall.

Since your ESP seems spot on, any other advice?

Let me add my 2 cents
.. Your bathroom sink is very ugly. It is time to rip it out and
start over. I admit that it looks like something I would do, but
thats all the more reason to rip it out now while you have an excuse.