allan

Default Cleaning rugs

Several of my rugs have dirt areas (in front on favaorite chairs)
I was thinking of getting one of those whole house clean services for
the rugs.
Should I use dry or wet (stanley steamer),
Thanks
I have a bissell scrubber, but was thinking the services might do a
better first job.
Oh, worried about chemicals since my one year old daughter is still
crawling.
Edwin Pawlowski

"allan" allan at his dot com wrote in message
Several of my rugs have dirt areas (in front on favaorite chairs)
I was thinking of getting one of those whole house clean services for
the rugs.
Should I use dry or wet (stanley steamer),
Thanks
I have a bissell scrubber, but was thinking the services might do a
better first job.
Oh, worried about chemicals since my one year old daughter is still
crawling.

A pro can do a better job than any home machine. The chemicals are fairly
benign, but I'd keep the one year old off the floor for at least a day
anyway. IMO, the wet chemicals are probably better than residue left behind
by dry chemicals. Check with the service anyway to be sure of what they are
using.

Here is info on the Rug Doctor. Keep in mind, this for the full concentrate
and it will be diluted in use.
http://www.rugdoctor.com/Rent/MSDS/All_Steam.pdf

Joseph Meehan

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"allan" allan at his dot com wrote in message
Several of my rugs have dirt areas (in front on favaorite chairs)
I was thinking of getting one of those whole house clean services for
the rugs.
Should I use dry or wet (stanley steamer),
Thanks
I have a bissell scrubber, but was thinking the services might do a
better first job.
Oh, worried about chemicals since my one year old daughter is still
crawling.

A pro can do a better job than any home machine. The chemicals are
fairly benign, but I'd keep the one year old off the floor for at
least a day anyway.

Good advice. I was in the office of a rug cleaning company when they
fielded a call from someone who claimed the stuff they used damaged their
carpet. As it turns out, the only thing they have on their trucks was Ivory
Flakes. That's about as mild as it gets. Of course not all companies use
the same product and even with just Ivory Flakes, I agree with your
suggestion.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

William W. Plummer

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

That reference is content-free. Sections 10, 11 and 12 are empty.
These deal with toxicology, environmental hazards and disposal. But it
does say to wear nitrile gloves.

Edwin Pawlowski

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message
http://www.rugdoctor.com/Rent/MSDS/All_Steam.pdf

That reference is content-free. Sections 10, 11 and 12 are empty. These
deal with toxicology, environmental hazards and disposal. But it does say
to wear nitrile gloves.

The instructions apply to the full concentrate. You probably use bleach in
some of your laundry with no harm, but you'd not want to spill the full
strength on your hands. The same would apply to most any cleaning solution.

Kyle Boatright

"allan" allan at his dot com wrote in message
Several of my rugs have dirt areas (in front on favaorite chairs)
I was thinking of getting one of those whole house clean services for
the rugs.
Should I use dry or wet (stanley steamer),
Thanks
I have a bissell scrubber, but was thinking the services might do a
better first job.
Oh, worried about chemicals since my one year old daughter is still
crawling.

You might just rent a hot water extractor and go without any chemicals. The
hot water and suction action takes care of most of the dirt, and won't leave
behind any residue to either hurt your child or to trap dirt in the future.

KB

Cleaning rugs allan Home Ownership 1 April 4th 05 02:29 AM
Area Rugs Matthew Home Repair 1 August 25th 03 07:25 PM