Edwin Pawlowski

"allan" allan at his dot com wrote in message
Several of my rugs have dirt areas (in front on favaorite chairs)
I was thinking of getting one of those whole house clean services for
the rugs.
Should I use dry or wet (stanley steamer),
Thanks
I have a bissell scrubber, but was thinking the services might do a
better first job.
Oh, worried about chemicals since my one year old daughter is still
crawling.

A pro can do a better job than any home machine. The chemicals are fairly
benign, but I'd keep the one year old off the floor for at least a day
anyway. IMO, the wet chemicals are probably better than residue left behind
by dry chemicals. Check with the service anyway to be sure of what they are
using.

Here is info on the Rug Doctor. Keep in mind, this for the full concentrate
and it will be diluted in use.
http://www.rugdoctor.com/Rent/MSDS/All_Steam.pdf