Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

arzevoc

Default Price decent for replacement windows?

I live in the northeast, and I'm looking to replace 15-17 windows in my
condo. The extra two are small bathroom windows which I may or may not
have replaced with "awning" windows. The remaining 15 are pretty
average-sized double-hungs (in the 3x4 foot range). I have a couple of
questions. I was quoted at about $265 per double-hung, and $335 per
awning window, installed. This includes "EXTERIOR WINDOW FRAME
WRAPPING WITH ALUMINUM TRIM COIL" for each window. The windows are
Diamond welded sash.

I actually had work done by these guys once before and I was happy with
it, but their prices have gone up since the last time. Am I likely to
find a better deal?

That price sounds in the ballpark. I'd ask around though, is their a
condo association or meeting ?

arzevoc

It's a house with three units. I need to run it by the other owners
first, but I think they're alreaady okay with replacing.

btw if you're in a historic area (one that requires review, etc) you
probably cannot replace the original wood windows with vinyl.
hopefully this does not apply.