Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Whirlpool Gold Catalyst Washer " Accuwash " temperature control problems ?

The Accuwash ( electronic water temperature control system )
feature when turned on warm /cold first gives warm water then
switches to hot water only and never goes back to cold or a mix . I
can turn off the Accuwash feature an get the warm water mix back .
warm . I want to test the components of the Accuwash system ( sensor
, board etc ) . Can anyone here give me some help ? -thanks
EL

This is kind of a shot in the dark but...

They're probably using a thermistor to sense the water temperature. Most thermistors increase in resistance as temperature
gets lower.

So if the thermistor was disconnected or mechanically damaged (causing it to fail "open"), the controller would see a very
high (infinite actually) resistance and think the water was cold, thus causing it to add hot water.

Eric Law

wrote in message ...
The Accuwash ( electronic water temperature control system )
feature when turned on warm /cold first gives warm water then
switches to hot water only and never goes back to cold or a mix . I
can turn off the Accuwash feature an get the warm water mix back .
warm . I want to test the components of the Accuwash system ( sensor
, board etc ) . Can anyone here give me some help ? -thanks

Appliance Repair Aid

Thats what I think too but I am in the dark without a manual . BTW
it is the Whirlpool Gold Catalyst Model GSX 9885JQ0

Hi,

You can check to see if any tests are listed on the appliance's -tech
sheet- which is usually in the consol. On washers the wiring diagram
could be rolled up inside the control panel or in a small pocket, pouch
or envelope attached to the inside of the washer's cabinet.

You could also check with Whirlpool to see if there is a service manual
available specifically for your model which can be purchased.

Model GSX 9885JQ0

I found...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=188
Repair manual for Whirlpool - Kitchen Aid - Kenmore - Roper - Estate
direct drive washing machines
Tech Sheet Installation Instructions part#LIT3954914 - avialbale from
WLP or Sears.

Has one strange fill valve...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=727989
Water/dispenser valve assembly
*Looks* like the thermistor is built into the fill valve.

Expensive control!!
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=904746

Havn't had the pleasure of seeing one of these before, sorry couldn't
help more!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

I will check that site and the machine for the sheet FWI the model #
is GSX 9885JQ0 - thanks

On 18 Mar 2005 04:29:43 -0800, "Appliance Repair Aid"

The Accuwash ( electronic water temperature control system )
feature when turned on warm /cold first gives warm water then
switches to hot water only and never goes back to cold or a mix . I
can turn off the Accuwash feature an get the warm water mix back .
warm . I want to test the components of the Accuwash system (

sensor
, board etc ) . Can anyone here give me some help ? -thanks

Hi,

*I* have never checked on yet, but if you want a chance to find someone
whom has checked one....post the model# of the washer and not the sales
( Gold Catalyst ) floor name.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

There should be a tech sheet inside the consol that may help with
testing/checking the items.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Ed

wrote

The Accuwash ( electronic water temperature control system )
feature when turned on warm /cold first gives warm water then
switches to hot water only and never goes back to cold or a mix . I
can turn off the Accuwash feature an get the warm water mix back .
warm . I want to test the components of the Accuwash system ( sensor
, board etc ) . Can anyone here give me some help ? -thanks

Check the temperature of the water in the tub after it fills and agitates
for a few seconds. It should be below 93 degrees. If it is, the system is
working properly.

Problem with Whirlpool washer daler Home Repair 5 February 4th 05 12:37 AM
whirlpool washer Sioux Home Ownership 0 January 12th 05 07:08 PM
Whirlpool Duet Washer Problems? Coop Home Repair 7 July 12th 04 07:08 PM
Whirlpool Catalyst Digital Washer Doesn't Start cj_shadow Home Repair 4 January 16th 04 05:48 PM
Gold and Silver Roy's Junk Metalworking 24 December 26th 03 09:47 PM