Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

MarkF786

Default Buyer Beware - FilterExpress

I wanted to share my experience dealing with a company Filter Express
(www.filterexpress.com) and the company they use for distributing their
product, Progressive Distribution (www.prodist.com or orderlink.com).

I purchased a two-pack of Holmes brand humidifier filters from
FilterExpress but what I received in the mail was FitRite generic-brand
filters instead. I tried repeatedly to contact the company via their
customer support email address but received no response. I then
contacted them via telephone and tried to rectify the situation with
customer service. After nearly an hour on hold, and speaking with
various representatives, they stated that they ship whatever brand of
filters they have regardless of what brand you order, and that they
have a no return policy. Also, they refused to refund me the
difference in price because they did not sell two-packs of FitRite
brand filters and thus could not calculate the difference in price,
though oddly enough they insisted I was sent what I ordered which was a
two-pack. In common parlance, the sales practice is commonly referred
to as "bait and switch". On a side note, afterwards I stopped by
my local Target store and found the brand-name filters for a cheaper
price than the poor-quality filters sent to me.

I filed a dispute with my credit card company and continue to try
getting a refund from the company. During the process of the dispute,
I found that FilterExpress uses Progressive Distribution to handle
their transactions. Through emailing both companies, and calling the
companies again, I finally received an email stating they would refund
my money, AND the return shipping costs. This I received in writing.
I returned the filters and awaited the refund.

At first I did receive a refund for the filters, but not for the
shipping costs (or for the smokeless ashtray that they sent me and
billed me for which I did not order). I continued to pursue the issue
through email, sending them all documentation, copies of the receipt,
their original email promising the refund, etc. They replied that I
had to call them to fix the issue. After spending several hours on the
phone with them and innumerable emails, I was not ready to sacrifice
another night of talking to them on the phone to try getting my money
back.

I finally sent them one last email, copying all email addresses at the
companies I could find. They apologized for the problem and promised
to refund me my shipping costs. Weeks went by and they never refunded
the money as promised.

In a nutshell, to me they seem to be companies whose business model is
to deceive their customers through a "bait and switch", and then
make it so difficult and arduous to receive a refund, that most
customers will give up pursuing the issue and take the loss of money.
I've finally given up and have lost money for products (the filters
and ashtray) which I didn't order.

Buyer beware if you ever decide to deal with either of these companies.

Noon-Air

"MarkF786" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

There is a reason that I tell folks to call their local, *competent*,
licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician for service,
repairs, replacement, and accessories for their heating and cooling systems.
You can pay for top quality service, top quality equipment, and top quality
installation......or you can try to get it cheap....its your choice.

--

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

Why can't Mr Fork and
Ms Electrical Outlet just get along?

BeautyBuyNature.com

Why can't Mr Fork and
Ms Electrical Outlet just get along?
Because...Everytime they get together sparks fly

ARoberts

"BeautyBuyNature.com" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why can't Mr Fork and
Ms Electrical Outlet just get along?
Because...Everytime they get together sparks fly

So she is currently spooning with a re-volting ohm-less guy from Watts. He
kept plugging away until he broke down her resistance. She realized too
late that he has no connections, and is a negative influence on her life.
Even so, she still manages to generate enough hope that he has some positive
potential, and will eventually transform himself. They are to be married in
the circuit court by Judge Neutron (because there is no charge).

Stormin Mormon

I got a charge out of that one. But, it was nearly beyond my capacity. I've
had some negative reports (the charges are false) that I've been driving a
Farad Pinto. Have you driven a Farad, lately? Someone asked me how I could
move a furnace in a Micro Farad. With the cost of gas now days, I've been
driving a micro farad. Hey, no problem. When I have to move something, I go
rent a Mega Hertz. They just take my card, and have me sine on the line.
They don't even scope me out any more. I am there with frequency.

I reply to the Farad Pinto rumors "wire, wire, pants on fire". Why is there
never a copper when you need one?

ah, well, this humor is getting voltingvolting (revolting). Time to break it
off. Before I overload everyone, which is the current thing to do. But, I
just needed to pop off.

Shocking news: due to layoffs, the manufacturing plant will no longer need a
product tesla.

I oughta write this all on a magnetic sign. Chart it all out neatly. I need
a van de graph.

You hear about all the old folks who were shocked to learn they had been
scammed? I thought they were being Con Ed. (conned). Well, we can't get
ethnic here, but the tendency to be conned is polarity. You have to be a
pollock. Some folks are better to stay home and scratch the cathode. But,
other folks like dogodes.

Went to the doctor about this lump I found on my face. He says I've got
anode. Doc got in trouble with a lady patient the other day, he couldn't
resister.

Feeling bad, he stopped at a diner, and asked for a bit to eat. The server
came out, and put something in front of him. What's the round thing, he
asked. She replied "dissapate". (the waitress was from Lousiana). Watt, he
asked? She asserted it was a resister, and was able to dissapate a full
watt.

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like ohm.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ARoberts" wrote in message

"BeautyBuyNature.com" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why can't Mr Fork and
Ms Electrical Outlet just get along?
Because...Everytime they get together sparks fly

So she is currently spooning with a re-volting ohm-less guy from Watts. He
kept plugging away until he broke down her resistance. She realized too
late that he has no connections, and is a negative influence on her life.
Even so, she still manages to generate enough hope that he has some positive
potential, and will eventually transform himself. They are to be married in
the circuit court by Judge Neutron (because there is no charge).

ARoberts

I gauss that I should have amp-ticipated an in-flux of probing responses
from those, who like me, live and dielectric. Sure enough, someone shows
up to give me an un-sensored piezo his mind (I guess that this makes us a
twisted pair). At first, I re-coiled and choked at your inductive reasoning
(and thought that you were ASIC puppy to the core), but you rectified that
with your full wave of verbiage in a short time (constant). Now I believe
IC what you were getting at, PAL, and I realize that it wasn't crosstalk at
all. In fact, you're a real joule--a Class-A guy (not Class-B, although
that would be complimentary). We should just Beta hook and go fission
sometime.

I'm just a base collector of such chatter as well as an emitter of it, and
MOSFET in as many puns as I can (although it makes me seem to be bipolar).
Everyone says that I should triac-ting my age, but I dismiss them with a
half-wave, for I feel that I am pretty well grounded, and that the criticism
is an MT-1. I consider myself to be astable guy, not one to flip-flop or
PID-dle around when the chips are down. I've zener lot of guys who start off
with well-regulated lives and end up as un-balun-ced transients from having
too much ripple (it makes me jitter to see someone go through such a phase).
I hate to tera way from this, but it's time to bypass any further impedance
to your evening. I can feel others getting ANSI, and I shunt make many
friends (and will receive a flat response to this baud-y repartee) if I
continue. After all, there's really node gain in doing so, and it servos no
purpose.

ASCII silly question...