Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Jodi

Default Rainbow Cleaning System?

Just looking for some opinions on how well the Rainbow Cleaning System works
is it worth the $1300+ (US)?

Is it good on carpet? Other types of flooring? How much of a hassle is the
clean-up?

Thanks,
Jodi

doubter

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 05:36:14 GMT, "Jodi" wrote:

Just looking for some opinions on how well the Rainbow Cleaning System works
is it worth the $1300+ (US)?

Is it good on carpet? Other types of flooring? How much of a hassle is the
clean-up?

Thanks,
Jodi

Rainbow Cleaning System? Is that a fancy name for Rainbow vacuum cleaner?
I haven't seen it reviewed for several years now, but it never did well in
the ratings, certainly not well enough to justify the extremely high cost.

I looked on Consumer Reports. Highest upright rated is Hoover
WindTunnel Self Propelled Ultra U6439-900 at $300. Highest rated
cannister is the $350 Kenmore (Sears) Progressive 24614.

The second-lowest rated cannister is the Rainbow e-series E-2, out of
15 listed. It sells for $1350. It rates negative on Cleaning Bare
Floors, and also on Noise.

Jodi

wrote in message
oups.com...
I looked on Consumer Reports. Highest upright rated is Hoover
WindTunnel Self Propelled Ultra U6439-900 at $300. Highest rated
cannister is the $350 Kenmore (Sears) Progressive 24614.

The second-lowest rated cannister is the Rainbow e-series E-2, out of
15 listed. It sells for $1350. It rates negative on Cleaning Bare
Floors, and also on Noise.

Thanks for the information...I really appreciate it!

Judging from another thread, I might as well buy a Roomba!

--Jodi

Arthur Shapiro

In article . net, "Jodi" wrote:

Judging from another thread, I might as well buy a Roomba!

Consumer Reports just flat out has never liked Rainbow. I've had one since
1978, and have been quite pleased. Yes, it's noisy - to put it mildly. But
it seems to do a fine job. I've had as many as eleven cats at one time during
that stretch, and the Rainbow has handled the hair and dander situation quite
satisfactorily. I'd never pay over a kilobuck for one, but if one can find a
sale for $300 or so, it seems like a reasonable purchase.

Art

Multi-zone heating system controls/BMS systems John Stumbles UK diy 4 February 13th 05 09:54 PM
DRO System Mill/Drill Kenneth A. Emmert Metalworking 11 December 3rd 04 05:28 AM
Cleaning VCR - need help and a diagram Mike Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 04 03:54 PM
New system nightmare Victoria UK diy 18 December 23rd 03 12:30 PM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM