Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default furnace not going on when suppose to.

our furnace is 5 yrs old. our temp in our house is set at 70deg. our
thermostat reads 68 deg but the furnace isnt going on. it seems like it
goes on whenever it feels like it, not when it should. sometimes the
temp in the house goes down to 65 deg when we have it set at 70 but it
never goes on. it goes on during the course of the day, but it doesnt
keep the right temp in the house. anyone know what the problem can be?

Alan

wrote in message
oups.com...
our furnace is 5 yrs old. our temp in our house is set at 70deg. our
thermostat reads 68 deg but the furnace isnt going on. it seems like it
goes on whenever it feels like it, not when it should. sometimes the
temp in the house goes down to 65 deg when we have it set at 70 but it
never goes on. it goes on during the course of the day, but it doesnt
keep the right temp in the house. anyone know what the problem can be?

Adjust then thermometer on the thermostat so it reads 5 degrees higher. That
way, when the furnace kicks on, it will be 70 degrees. But seriously, there
can be any number of things wrong. It's like you said, "My car won't start
every time I try- what's wrong?"

Maybe the thermostat is bad. Maybe it is as I joked, and the thermometer
isn't calibrated properly. Maybe the thermostat is in a warm spot.