Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
blah

Default Freezer on Patio?

I'm thinking about getting a separate freezer. The only place I could put
it would be on the (covered) patio in the back yard. Will this work out OK?
If it matters, I'm thinking of getting the upright kind. I was originally
going to get the "chest" type (cheaper) but want the convenience of an
upright.

Right now, my main concern is the energy cost. It's very hot here in the
summers (regularly over 100 degrees) and I wonder whether the freezer would
have to run constantly. Or, whether it could even keep up at all. Maybe I
would get some of the cost back in the winters, though.

Any experiences/ideas?

Thanks!