Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Dantanna

Default Totally weird problem - snowman

I pulled out of the drive the other morning and noticed that my kid's small
snowman had been peed on by a dog. I was thinking, 1) snowmen get no
respect, and 2) that must have been one big dog. Now, about 5 days later we
had a fresh snow. I just happened to look out the window and notice that
there were footprints going up to and away from the snowman. I instantly
became enraged thinking that some person was twisted enough to actually walk
their dog up to the center of our front yard just to let them pee on my
kid's snowman again. It gets worse!

Upon closer inspection I found the shoe prints to be Nikey, larger than my
men's size 10, and alone. No dog. I started trying to decipher what the
pattern of the prints were to the snowman. What I can surmize is that
someone walked completely out of their way onto our lawn, stood at the snow
man than made a quick exit. The tracks almost tell the story of someone
thinking about peeing on the snowman then getting scard and walking away
quickly.

So tonite I will set up my video camera and try to catch the creep in the
act. With the snow melting and help from some psycho peeing on the snowman
there isn't much of a snowman left to deface. But psychos are determined.
And now my fear is that I will catch someone on tape. Question - what do I
do if I catch someone in the act? Is a snowman personal property? Does
protecting an innocent snowman with a bat count as self defence? Should I
contact the neighborhood association, the news? the law? a lawyer? a gun
shop? Or do I blackmail the guy?

Harry K

Blackmail if you want some money. Police for indecent exposure, lewd
acts or whatever the local charge is if you want to make his life
miserable.

Harry K

Non-Starter

"Dantanna" wrote in message
So tonite I will set up my video camera and try to catch the creep in the
act. With the snow melting and help from some psycho peeing on the

snowman
there isn't much of a snowman left to deface. But psychos are determined.
And now my fear is that I will catch someone on tape. Question - what do

do if I catch someone in the act? Is a snowman personal property? Does
protecting an innocent snowman with a bat count as self defence? Should I
contact the neighborhood association, the news? the law? a lawyer? a gun
shop? Or do I blackmail the guy?

Blackmail will get you thrown in jail. Using a bat on the urinator will get
you thrown in jail. Using a gun (shooting) will get you thrown in jail. I
guess you'll have to decide on just how badly you want to get this guy. In
America, you can do anything to anyone you want, as long as you are willing
to serve the time for it (or are clever enough to get away with it).

Make a choice & post some pix of what you decide.

Robert Morien

In article ,
"Non-Starter" wrote:

"Dantanna" wrote in message
[...]

Post their picture on a website or pay for a billboard. It ain't libel
if it's true.
Chip C

Dantanna wrote:
[...]

The snowman was accosted only once, right? Odd as it is to find adult
footprints coming onto your lawn almost but not quite up to your
snowman, there is no firm link from them to the urinary incident.

I grant you it's a stretch to contrive what the footprints mean (a dad
carrying a child to get a better look at your snowman?) but it is
arguably more of stretch to think that you have a
snowperson-watersports fetishist in the 'hood, depending on where you
live.

It might be more reasonable to assume that the first incident was a big
dog, whose paw prints were obscured by the subsequent snowfall; and
that the human footprints, though odd, are unrelated.

Either way, you're likely to get a whole lot of nothing on tape, since
even if the worst is true, the weirdo's courage failed him after the
first event.

If you do get someone on tape, hand it over to the cops. A ride through
the courts on a public indecency charge will make your baseball bat
look like nothing.

Chip C

Dantanna

The snowman was accosted only once, right? Odd as it is to find adult
footprints coming onto your lawn almost but not quite up to your
snowman, there is no firm link from them to the urinary incident.

I grant you it's a stretch to contrive what the footprints mean (a dad
carrying a child to get a better look at your snowman?) but it is
arguably more of stretch to think that you have a
snowperson-watersports fetishist in the 'hood, depending on where you
live.

Good point. I'm too quick to dream up the worst. A friend at work said it
was probably some teenager that ran over as a dare and then lost their
nerve - either way it was likely some punk. I guess I forgot how devious we
were as kids and we were certainly capable of pulling something like this.
Back then we just knocked the things over.

It might be more reasonable to assume that the first incident was a big
dog, whose paw prints were obscured by the subsequent snowfall; and
that the human footprints, though odd, are unrelated.

One big dog -

Either way, you're likely to get a whole lot of nothing on tape, since
even if the worst is true, the weirdo's courage failed him after the
first event.

If you do get someone on tape, hand it over to the cops. A ride through
the courts on a public indecency charge will make your baseball bat
look like nothing.

Agreed -

Chip C

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:10:12 GMT, someone wrote:

Now, about 5 days later we
had a fresh snow. I just happened to look out the window and notice that
there were footprints going up to and away from the snowman. I instantly
became enraged thinking that some person was twisted enough to actually walk
their dog up to the center of our front yard just to let them pee on my
kid's snowman again. It gets worse!

Upon closer inspection I found the shoe prints to be Nikey, larger than my
men's size 10, and alone. No dog.

You have NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER that these two "incidents", 5 days
apart, are in any way related. There is no pee from the 2nd
"incident" so you have NO justification in ASSUMING that someone was
going to pee that time, OR that it is the same person from the first
time.

Maybe someone carrying a toddler or infant walked up to let their kid
get a closer look at the snowman. Or maybe it WAS the same person who
peed on it before, coming back to see if there was any trace (not
necessarily to do it again) - BUT YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.

This is one of the best posts to show why we need a legal system with
impartial juries and not some hair trigger whacko running out to
attack someone with a bat.