Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Paul B.

Default Refurbished washing machine?

I can get a deal on a refurbished washing machine. It went in for
mechanical repairs, and also has a couple of porcelain chips on
one side.

I don't care about the chips, but I'm wondering what kind of risk
I would take mechanically by getting this unit. The manufacturer
would give the normal warrantee. I could save 25% by going this
route, and that's tempting. The manny is LG.

Thanks,
Paul

--
Given address is infrequently checked. Please reply to group.
ameijers

"Paul B." wrote in message
I can get a deal on a refurbished washing machine. It went in for
mechanical repairs, and also has a couple of porcelain chips on
one side.

I don't care about the chips, but I'm wondering what kind of risk
I would take mechanically by getting this unit. The manufacturer
would give the normal warrantee. I could save 25% by going this
route, and that's tempting. The manny is LG.

Sounds steep to me. Used, young, low mileage washers and driers aren't that
hard to find, for less than half the cost of new. I'd rather trust a
broken-in machine than a broken and (maybe) repaired one.

aem sends...