Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

gm3

Default Heating & Oil Question

Hello,

I have a furnace in my house with 2 engines. Sometimes, when they
"squeak", I had a bit of oil though the oil input hole on the engine to
make it stop and prevent seizing.

The little can of oil I have used is very very oil, and only says
"engine oil" on it. I have run out and at sears I saw a smiliar looking
can. However it said "lubricating 3 in 1 oil t prevent rust... etc.."

I have been told there is a difference to this lubricating oil and my
old engine oil. Is there? Should I be using some different engline oil
on my furance engines?

Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
gm3 wrote:
Hello,

I have a furnace in my house with 2 engines. Sometimes, when they
"squeak", I had a bit of oil though the oil input hole on the engine to
make it stop and prevent seizing.

The little can of oil I have used is very very oil, and only says
"engine oil" on it. I have run out and at sears I saw a smiliar looking
can. However it said "lubricating 3 in 1 oil t prevent rust... etc.."

I have been told there is a difference to this lubricating oil and my
old engine oil. Is there? Should I be using some different engline oil
on my furance engines?

Don't use 3 in 1. Its a lousy oil. Ask for a light or medium weight
machine oil. Not at sears though. Try an old fashioned hardware store
if you have one locally.

Alan Sung

"Rich Greenberg" wrote in message
Don't use 3 in 1. Its a lousy oil

What's wrong with it? 3-in-1 has been around for a real long time.

-al sung

Rich Greenberg

In article , Alan Sung wrote:
"Rich Greenberg" wrote in message
Don't use 3 in 1. Its a lousy oil

What's wrong with it? 3-in-1 has been around for a real long time.

A lot of lousy products have been around forever. 3 in 1 turns gummy.