Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Dishwasher - redeposit of food particles on dishes

This is my first time with an apartment that has a dishwasher.
Often when I wash a load of dishes, bits of particles get deposited and
dried on the top portion of the dishes, especially stainless steel.
Does anyone know the cause of this?

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
This is my first time with an apartment that has a dishwasher.
Often when I wash a load of dishes, bits of particles get deposited and
dried on the top portion of the dishes, especially stainless steel.
Does anyone know the cause of this?

Yes, it is not working properly. Even the low cost DW do a pretty good job
today. If stuff is getting on the dishes it is probably not filtering
properly and perhaps not draining properly leaving residue behind..

Check to see that the filter (usually on the bottom around the center of the
arm support) is not clogged, be sure the DW drains between cycles.

Vox Humana

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is my first time with an apartment that has a dishwasher.
Often when I wash a load of dishes, bits of particles get deposited and
dried on the top portion of the dishes, especially stainless steel.
Does anyone know the cause of this?

In addition to what Ed said, you need to arrange the dishes properly in the
machine. Even in a properly operating machine, if you have concavities that
can collect water, there will be some food particle remaining. They get
deposited early on and never get completely washed away. The dishes should
be tilted to allow water to drain.