Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

R Kannan

Default Snow blower recommendation

Hi,

I have a two car concrete driveway about 95 ft long and 16 ft wide and leads
to a side entrance garage. It is not very hilly and has a mild slope. I
live in SE Michigan where the snow fall can be considered moderate to
heavy. I am looking for a good snowblower as my single stage Honda has
given up. I have to decide between a two stage Toro 428 XLE and a single
stage Honda 520AS. I liked the clean job from my single stage blower but
the snowblowing job was quite a chore. I would appreciate any pros & cons
between single stage vs two stage models (these two in particular), Any
recommendations??

Thanks
John Davies

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:22:41 -0500, R Kannan
wrote:

Hi,

I have a two car concrete driveway about 95 ft long and 16 ft wide and leads
to a side entrance garage. It is not very hilly and has a mild slope. I
live in SE Michigan where the snow fall can be considered moderate to
heavy. I am looking for a good snowblower as my single stage Honda has
given up. I have to decide between a two stage Toro 428 XLE and a single
stage Honda 520AS. I liked the clean job from my single stage blower but
the snowblowing job was quite a chore. I would appreciate any pros & cons
between single stage vs two stage models (these two in particular), Any
recommendations??

2 stage is always better than single stage as the job gets tougher. I
don't think either of those machines is powerful enough for your
weather conditions in Michigan - a 8 hp 2 stage would be a more
realistic choice, but more $$. IMHO of course.

Ask your questions and check the archives here - there are a BUNCH of
"snowblower crazy" people posting there. It is an excellent resource.

http://www.whatsthebest-lawnmower.co...=wtb-lawnmower

Be sure to read this FAQ before logging on and asking your questions:

http://www.whatsthebest-lawnmower.co...num=1097411959

John

John Davies TLCA 14732
http://home.comcast.net/~johnedavies/
'96 Lexus LX450
'00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro
Spokane WA USA
KLS

wrote:

Hi,

I have a two car concrete driveway about 95 ft long and 16 ft wide and leads
to a side entrance garage. It is not very hilly and has a mild slope. I
live in SE Michigan where the snow fall can be considered moderate to
heavy. I am looking for a good snowblower as my single stage Honda has
given up. I have to decide between a two stage Toro 428 XLE and a single
stage Honda 520AS. I liked the clean job from my single stage blower but
the snowblowing job was quite a chore. I would appreciate any pros & cons
between single stage vs two stage models (these two in particular), Any
recommendations??

2 stage is always better than single stage as the job gets tougher.

Yes and no: 2 stage clogs easily in wet heavy snow, whereas some
single stage machines (the Toros and the Hondas) are not fazed much by
it if it's not too deep. Consider the type of snow you get, too.

Help with snow blower J Home Repair 2 January 6th 04 01:50 AM
Generator or snow blower...that is the question Wade Lippman Home Ownership 0 September 8th 03 01:19 AM