Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Wheresthebabes

Default home security systems

Anyone have any opinions or experience with hard wired vs RF linked
security monitors? We've had some prowler problems and we need some
security fast, but need to figure out what's best for our needs.

Thanks in advance.
John R Weiss

"Wheresthebabes" wrote...
Anyone have any opinions or experience with hard wired vs RF linked
security monitors? We've had some prowler problems and we need some
security fast, but need to figure out what's best for our needs.

Some systems, like the First Alert system we have, accommodate both wired and
wireless components. Wire up the ones where you have the access, and use
wireless where access is difficult or impossible. House current (with central
battery backup) will power the wired units, and 3V Lithium batteries (3-5 year
life) will likely power the wireless.