Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

FardinA

Default Water sealing my newly made deck

Hi there,
I have built my deck just a month ago. Frame is made of Pressure
Treated and deck board (top) is made of Cedar. Due to rainy/snow
weather here in Alberta, I have not had chance to water seal my deck.
All I have done so far is just cover the deck with plastic sheet so at
least water cannot get into the boards. My plan is just to wait for
sunny days to do the seal. Temperature here won't be that high any
more (max 20C). Here is my question: Is this a good plan to seal my
deck board this year OR just let the wood to expose to the weather
(rain+snow (-20C) ) until next spring for water sealing. I know that
exposing bare wood to harsh weather would screw up the wood, but on
the other hand I am not so sure if I can get enough sunny days for a
good water sealimg job.
My water sealer is Sikkens which is a good one (trust my neighbor
).

thanks a lot