Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

JoKing

Default ~Advice on garden edger needed

I want to get a garden edger to help me with my landscaping. The soil here
is rocky and clay based so it will have to be one with good power. If it
trenched too, that would be a bonus, but I'd rather have a good single-use
tool than an adequate compromise. Gas powered is probably best, but I'll
consider whatever does a good job and makes a nice straight line.

Jo (in eastern Canada)

PS I live in a smaller town and no one rents them here.

D. Gerasimatos

In article e.rogers.com,
JoKing wrote:

I want to get a garden edger to help me with my landscaping. The soil here
is rocky and clay based so it will have to be one with good power. If it
trenched too, that would be a bonus, but I'd rather have a good single-use
tool than an adequate compromise. Gas powered is probably best, but I'll
consider whatever does a good job and makes a nice straight line.

So buy a gas-powered edger. What is your question again?

Dimitri

William Brown

I have a small Honda tiller that works well. I had a Mantis, but it had
a lot of problems with the engine, while the Honda is near bullet proof.
It can trench, within limits, but making the nice straight line
depends on the skill of the operator.

JoKing wrote:

I want to get a garden edger to help me with my landscaping. The soil here
is rocky and clay based so it will have to be one with good power. If it
trenched too, that would be a bonus, but I'd rather have a good single-use
tool than an adequate compromise. Gas powered is probably best, but I'll
consider whatever does a good job and makes a nice straight line.

Jo (in eastern Canada)

PS I live in a smaller town and no one rents them here.

there.

Art

Skil is supposed to be great but I was cheap and bought a Poultin

"JoKing" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
I want to get a garden edger to help me with my landscaping. The soil

here
is rocky and clay based so it will have to be one with good power. If it
trenched too, that would be a bonus, but I'd rather have a good single-use
tool than an adequate compromise. Gas powered is probably best, but I'll
consider whatever does a good job and makes a nice straight line.

Jo (in eastern Canada)

PS I live in a smaller town and no one rents them here.

Art

I meant STIHL

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
Skil is supposed to be great but I was cheap and bought a Poultin

"JoKing" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
I want to get a garden edger to help me with my landscaping. The soil

here
is rocky and clay based so it will have to be one with good power. If it
trenched too, that would be a bonus, but I'd rather have a good

single-use
tool than an adequate compromise. Gas powered is probably best, but I'll
consider whatever does a good job and makes a nice straight line.

Jo (in eastern Canada)

PS I live in a smaller town and no one rents them here.

On the subject of a garden shed Andrew McKay UK diy 3 August 27th 03 04:31 PM
Spur feed to garden shed... Me UK diy 4 August 6th 03 10:13 AM
Garden Shed Roof Andrew McKay UK diy 6 August 3rd 03 03:41 PM
Garden (re)design Martin UK diy 5 July 27th 03 06:17 PM
Private Sewers [Long and boring post!] Roger Mills UK diy 6 July 11th 03 04:18 PM