Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
D. Gerasimatos

Default Way to clean up messy concrete on wall?

My neighbor hired some contractors (using the term loosely) to build a
cinderblock wall along our shared property line. It actually turned out
better than I would have thought, but towards the end of the job the guys
must've gotten lazy because they stopped troweling off the concrete that
seeped out of the joints and just let it ooze out. The top half of the
wall is built in this fashion. The bottom is built cleanly. I didn't see
the work until a few days later. Is there any way to clean this up without
creating a bigger mess? Chisel? Sanding? I am annoyed they couldn't just run a
trowel over it when it was wet. It would've taken 10 minutes. They
obviously didn't give a rat's. What are the options to clean up the
unattractive concrete in the places they let it seep out?

Dimitri