Travis Jordan

Default Way to clean up messy concrete on wall?

D. Gerasimatos wrote:
My neighbor hired some contractors (using the term loosely) to build a
cinderblock wall along our shared property line. It actually turned
out better than I would have thought, but towards the end of the job
the guys must've gotten lazy because they stopped troweling off the
concrete that seeped out of the joints and just let it ooze out. The
top half of the
wall is built in this fashion. The bottom is built cleanly. I didn't
see
the work until a few days later. Is there any way to clean this up
without creating a bigger mess? Chisel? Sanding? I am annoyed they
couldn't just run a trowel over it when it was wet. It would've taken
10 minutes. They
obviously didn't give a rat's. What are the options to clean up the
unattractive concrete in the places they let it seep out?

Dimitri

Does your jurisdiction require permits for this kind of work? Has the
final inspection been done? Why not let your neighbor solve the problem
for you. After all, it is his fence and his responsibility.