Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Josue

Default HARDWOOD FLOOR - removing from groove side

Anyone have any experience/advice in removing hardwood flooring from
the groove side?

My situation is this: I have a gap in my existing hardwood floor left
from a hole I knocked in the wall between my dining room and living rm
(6' wide). The flooring is running parallel to the wall I knocked out
and was started at that wall, therefore I have the groove side exposed
now. I'm thinking about cutting out into the existing flooring (about
10 boards into it) and filling with a lighter wood to create an inlay.

What I need to know is - will it be possible to remove sections
without damaging the next section attached to it? Once I've sawn
through each board on either end of the section I want to remove, I
would think I could lift it with a wonderbar (I'm not concerned with
saving the wood I'm removing). Any suggestions would greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Josh