james b

Default HARDWOOD FLOOR - removing from groove side

What I need to know is - will it be possible to remove sections
without damaging the next section attached to it? Once I've sawn
through each board on either end of the section I want to remove, I
would think I could lift it with a wonderbar (I'm not concerned with
saving the wood I'm removing). Any suggestions would greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Josh

After you pull up the first nine or so boards, you might be able to
lift up the last row and work a long flexible sawzall blade under the
joint. If you cut through the nails that go through the tongue of
this last row you can likely slide the last row away. If you have to
pry a little, slide a knife blade into the top side gap between the
last board and the one you want to pry out, then pry against the knife
blade so you don't ding up the remaining board.

- James B