Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

david

Default Too Much Air In Home Piping

Problem:
Too much air in our home water piping. A glass of water appears
'milky' at first until the air bubbles disperse. Not bothersome in
the cold water. But the biggest problem is at the upstairs hot water
faucets which burb and disgorge lots of air - very disconcerting.

Question:
What can we do to minimize the air in our water? Or at least
minimize the air in the hot water piping? Is there a device that can
be connected to the output of the hot water heater to remove the air
bubbles?

What has changed:
We just changed from a well to municipal water. The problem
started within hours of connecting to the municipal water supply.

Installation details:
New 1 inch potable water certified plastic (PE) pipe, 200 feet
from meter pit to house. Our water meter is 200 feet from nearest
neighbor, so total length of piping that is seeing water flow for
first time is 400 feet.
Municipal water supply pressure approximately 150 to 180 PSI.
We installed pressure regulator adjacent to meter pit 200 feet
from house to reduce pressure to approximately 45 PSI.
In house, installed check valve downstream of house shut off valve
to prevent siphoning water out of hot water heater in event of break
in municipal water supply main line.