david

Default Too Much Air In Home Piping

John Davies wrote in message . ..
On 11 Oct 2003 05:24:46 -0700, (david) wrote:

What has changed:
We just changed from a well to municipal water. The problem
started within hours of connecting to the municipal water supply.

How long ago? It may take a few days to fully burp the system.

I have noticed air in my water after the water company repaired a main
line - it went away fairly quickly.

Have you tried running a garden hose at full bore for a while?

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

We have been on the municipal water supply for 2 days and the problem
has not dissipated. Today we re-seeded a large section of lawn then
watered a lot. Still have the constant, annoying discharge of air
from our piping, both cold and hot, although the hot is worse.

Someone has suggested that I need a thermal expansion tank on the cold
water inlet to the hot water tank and that would solve the problem,
but I do not quite understand this solution.