Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tam Tam is offline

Default Shop Vac to pick up leaves?

Is is possible to use a Shop Vac with no attachment on the end of the hose,
of course, to gather your leaves in the fall? The law doesn't allow you to
rake them into the street anymore and my landscaper charged an outrageous
price last year.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article , Tam wrote:
Is is possible to use a Shop Vac with no attachment on the end of the hose,
of course, to gather your leaves in the fall? The law doesn't allow you to
rake them into the street anymore and my landscaper charged an outrageous
price last year.

Yes, but the shop-vac will fill in seconds. And then what are you going
to do with 50-100 trash bags of leaves? Burning them is probably also
illegal.

--
Rich Greenberg Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 941 378 2097
Canines: Val, Red, Shasta, Zero & Casey (At the bridge) Owner:Chinook-L
Posted to misc.consumers.house

"Tam" wrote in message
Is is possible to use a Shop Vac with no attachment on the end of the
hose, of course, to gather your leaves in the fall? The law doesn't allow
you to rake them into the street anymore and my landscaper charged an
outrageous price last year.

The right tool is a lawn vacuum/shredder. Billy Goat is a well known maker
of lawn vacuums.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article , "terrable" wrote:

"Tam" wrote in message
Is is possible to use a Shop Vac with no attachment on the end of the
hose, of course, to gather your leaves in the fall? The law doesn't allow
you to rake them into the street anymore and my landscaper charged an
outrageous price last year.

The right tool is a lawn vacuum/shredder. Billy Goat is a well known maker
of lawn vacuums.

I use a Stihl blower/vacuum/shreader, and it sort of works. Regardless, you still
have to either pack those paper bags really tight or put it in a pile like I do.
The hose on a shop vac is too small. Its just as easy to use a blower
to push the leaves in a pile for packing up. Don't use one of those stupid horizontal
motor blowers. They don't move right to left very easy. Stihl has a vertical
motor.

greg

Why are schools dumping auto shop, wood shop, and metal shop? [email protected] Metalworking 105 September 8th 10 10:56 PM
Leaves for insulation Stormin Mormon Home Repair 29 November 12th 08 03:16 AM
Table leaves professorpaul Woodworking 3 February 3rd 06 02:48 AM
FS: All shop tools - Houston pick-up Chris Woodworking 4 September 4th 05 03:25 AM
Leaves, leaves everywhere; how to fix my rake. Peter Reilley Metalworking 36 November 30th 03 09:50 PM