Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y,uk.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal

Default Choosing retailer for mimimum complaints

On Jul 1, 12:22*pm, "john hamilton" wrote:
I think this might affect us all at one time or another. *You want to buy an
item like a fridgfreezer or a washing machine,etc. *To make your cash go as
far as possible often the best price is with one of the big national chains
of retailers.

Typing in one or two of the household chains names to google, linked to the
word 'complaints'; invariable brings up a lot of experiences of people
ordering and then having to wait an unreasonable amount of time because its
not in stock.

Another problem is with these big companies is that the various departments
seem to be able to pass around the responsibility of any problem with
impunity on to another department.

Is there a good way of trying to find out, which of the big chains of shops
like: Currys, Dixons, Comet, etc; *are the best to deal with from the
customer satisfaction point of view?

Perhaps just compare the number of hits for 'complaint.'

NT
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y,uk.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal

NT wrote:

snip

Perhaps just compare the number of hits for 'complaint.'

and divide by annual sales...

John Lewis are pretty good, AIUI.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y,uk.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal

In message , Fevric J.
Glandules writes
NT wrote:

snip

Perhaps just compare the number of hits for 'complaint.'

and divide by annual sales...

John Lewis are pretty good, AIUI.

But unless they've changed their policy, they will not price match
online stores.

--
Kevin Seal
F800ST

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y,uk.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal

Kevin Seal wrote:

In message , Fevric J.
Glandules writes
John Lewis are pretty good, AIUI.

But unless they've changed their policy, they will not price match
online stores.

Fair enough. If you really must have the cheapest price, then
caveat emptor. It's a gamble.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y,uk.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal

"Kevin Seal" wrote in message
In message , Fevric J. Glandules
writes
NT wrote:

snip

Perhaps just compare the number of hits for 'complaint.'

and divide by annual sales...

John Lewis are pretty good, AIUI.

But unless they've changed their policy, they will not price match online
stores.

--
Kevin Seal
F800ST
{walrus1 at gmail dot com}

Agreed. In January 2009 I bought a Panasonic TX-19LXD8 from Amazon for £246.
John Lewis on line wanted £349.
I asked them what they could do - they said tough - I said fair enough and
bought it from Amazon. I thought £103 was a bit steep for an extra 4 years
of warranty!

Amazon have been great when I've had a problem with stuff bought from them.
A Guitar Hero thingy for the Wii was delivered with a cracked knob. They
offered a replacement if I returned it or a 20% refund. I took the 20% and
repaired it!