Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Crawlspace liner not sealing up dirt properly

I have water/moisture issues in my dirt crawlspace and recently hired
a company to get a liner put down and two sump pumps put in (among
other things; a whole home energy efficiency improvement procedure was
done).

The way they installed the liner (6 mil) was that they just put it
down without properly attaching it to all the walls. To me it makes
the impression that things like mold (developing underneath the liner)
can still have a negative impact on the air quality of my house if the
dirt is not properly sealed of.

Any opinion about this?
Posted to misc.consumers.house

I have water/moisture issues in my dirt crawlspace and recently hired
a company to get a liner put down and two sump pumps put in (among
other things; a whole home energy efficiency improvement procedure was
done).

The way they installed the liner (6 mil) was that they just put it
down without properly attaching it to all the walls. To me it makes
the impression that things like mold (developing underneath the liner)
can still have a negative impact on the air quality of my house if the
dirt is not properly sealed of.

Any opinion about this?

As an electrician I spend some time in crawl spaces occasionally and have
seen situations such as yours. Supposedly that liner is creating a barrier
between you and the mold behind it. It should be sealed at the edges to
prevent any infiltration.

Any concerns that you have should be brought up with the company that did
the installation. Perhaps the workers did not do a complete job.

Remove old pool liner before putting in new liner??? Mary Home Repair 1 June 17th 06 01:10 AM
sealing small openings into living area from crawlspace [email protected] Home Repair 3 May 9th 06 02:23 AM
Crawlspace... Bob Home Repair 18 December 12th 04 09:27 AM
Dirt in crawlspace Todd Home Repair 11 November 13th 03 11:31 AM