Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

Default Need Gas Valve B67RA247 Replacement

In a Williams in-floor furnace, it takes a thermopile millivolt (no
external electrical supply) gas valve numbered B67RA247 General
Controls with 1/2 inch fittings. I can't find an exact replacement. Is
there a universal one I can use? Where do I order it from? Is there
another one someone can suggest?

Ideally, someone could point me to a local supplier in Kansas City,
Kansas (or Missouri).

While watching the burner trays going well, they went off (the
thermostat was all the way up, and didn't turn off). I hit the gas
valve and the burner trays went on again. Also the pilot light button
has to be held a long time for it to remain on after releasing the
button. And also, sometimes I discover the furnace went off, pilot
light and all.

I already replaced the thermopile.

So, I see the next step as replacing the gas valve.

Here's a page that explains these things
http://www.diychatroom.com/f98/how-d...roblems-37230/

~ Nehmo
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

Your local (to you) HVAC parts house can probably cross
reference. Of course, they will probably only sell to
established tradesmen.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Nehmo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

.

"Nehmo" wrote in message

[...]

Here's a page that explains these thingshttp://www.diychatroom.com/f98/how-diagnose-gas-valve-problems-37230/

~ Nehmo

I can't find anybody who will cross reference the part by the number.
But it seems it should be easy to get some kind of universal
replacement. There's a place here in Kansas City called Patrick's, but
the counter guy doesn't want to deal with me because I made a joking
response to one of his remarks. He is overly sensitive. Anyway, I
can't buy from that place.

The other local place, Arrow, wants me to bring in the old gas valve.
And my previous experience with them, suggests it would be expensive
through them.
If you (or someone familiar with this city) can suggest a "local HVAC
parts house" in Kansas City, I'll try it.

~ Nehmo
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

In article , Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

=A0www.lds.org
.

"Nehmo" wrote in message

[...]

How about a plain APPLIANCE PARTS place.

Like for instance...
http://www.marbeck.com/

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

I can't find anybody who will cross reference the part by the number.
But it seems it should be easy to get some kind of universal
replacement. There's a place here in Kansas City called Patrick's, but
the counter guy doesn't want to deal with me because I made a joking
response to one of his remarks. He is overly sensitive. Anyway, I
can't buy from that place.

The other local place, Arrow, wants me to bring in the old gas valve.
And my previous experience with them, suggests it would be expensive
through them.
If you (or someone familiar with this city) can suggest a "local HVAC
parts house" in Kansas City, I'll try it.

~ Nehmo

Try here....

http://www.realpageslive.com/WebProj...cy10htm&from=2

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

In article , (GregS) wrote:

"Nehmo" wrote in message

[...]

There might be other places, and will this work...

http://www.pexsupply.com/Honeywell-V...3-4-13675000-p
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

"Steve" wrote in message

I can't find anybody who will cross reference the part by the number.
But it seems it should be easy to get some kind of universal
replacement. There's a place here in Kansas City called Patrick's, but
the counter guy doesn't want to deal with me because I made a joking
response to one of his remarks. He is overly sensitive. Anyway, I
can't buy from that place.

The other local place, Arrow, wants me to bring in the old gas valve.
And my previous experience with them, suggests it would be expensive
through them.
If you (or someone familiar with this city) can suggest a "local HVAC
parts house" in Kansas City, I'll try it.

~ Nehmo

Try here....

http://www.realpageslive.com/WebProj...cy10htm&from=2

For once, you weren't totally wrong -- proly your best advice in your usenet
history.
If the OP is looking to go super-cheap labor-wise, and is not concerned
about quality or competence, he should search hvac+beer. He'll proly find a
lot of the assholes on the alt.hvac ng.
--
EA

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Steve" wrote in message

[...]

I searched for "asshole" on alt.hvac and the only result was "EA".

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

"Steve" wrote in message

[...]

Or the OP can search the Better Business Bureau -- I"m sure all the hvac
regulars here are listed under Fraud/Incompetents.
--
EA