Posted to alt.hvac,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

Default Need Gas Valve B67RA247 Replacement

Your local (to you) HVAC parts house can probably cross
reference. Of course, they will probably only sell to
established tradesmen.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Nehmo" wrote in message
In a Williams in-floor furnace, it takes a thermopile
millivolt (no
external electrical supply) gas valve numbered B67RA247
General
Controls with 1/2 inch fittings. I can't find an exact
replacement. Is
there a universal one I can use? Where do I order it from?
Is there
another one someone can suggest?

Ideally, someone could point me to a local supplier in
Kansas City,
Kansas (or Missouri).

While watching the burner trays going well, they went off
(the
thermostat was all the way up, and didn't turn off). I hit
the gas
valve and the burner trays went on again. Also the pilot
light button
has to be held a long time for it to remain on after
releasing the
button. And also, sometimes I discover the furnace went off,
pilot
light and all.

I already replaced the thermopile.

So, I see the next step as replacing the gas valve.

Here's a page that explains these things
http://www.diychatroom.com/f98/how-d...roblems-37230/

~ Nehmo