Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default casement window problem

Have Coradco (now called Jenn-Weld) 10 yo windows and doors, a couple
of which leak & are rotting at the bottom. I have unsuccessfully been
trying to deal how to fix this for a year or more. Some of the seals
are rubber but others are relatively hard plastic. Jenn-Weld is next
to impossible to deal with. What are sources for the plastic and
rubber seals? I feel that generic ones will do provided they are
identical.

Will also need to replace some of the rotted lower horizontal wood.
Have purchased only book on repairing casement windows which I could
find and it is of no help. Any suggestions?

Will also need to replace handcrank on one window but it appears part
of the wood frame will have to be drilled through to access screws to
remove it; am I correct in this thought?
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article ,
Frank wrote:
Have Coradco (now called Jenn-Weld) 10 yo windows and doors, a couple
of which leak & are rotting at the bottom. I have unsuccessfully been
trying to deal how to fix this for a year or more. Some of the seals
are rubber but others are relatively hard plastic. Jenn-Weld is next
to impossible to deal with. What are sources for the plastic and
rubber seals? I feel that generic ones will do provided they are
identical.

Will also need to replace some of the rotted lower horizontal wood.
Have purchased only book on repairing casement windows which I could
find and it is of no help. Any suggestions?

Will also need to replace handcrank on one window but it appears part
of the wood frame will have to be drilled through to access screws to
remove it; am I correct in this thought?

Locally, Window World sells standard windows for $200. Might it be
less cost, work, and frustration to simply replace the window?

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
"Where large, expensive pieces of exotic woods are converted to valueless,

Casement window air conditioners Nathan Zimmerman Home Repair 12 July 2nd 06 07:57 PM
CASEMENT window replacement fish Home Repair 5 March 29th 06 12:20 PM
Casement window MODERN LASS UK diy 0 January 5th 06 12:40 AM
Casement Window Won't Close Bob Home Repair 2 September 27th 05 05:24 AM
Old casement window problem David Home Repair 2 April 1st 04 08:24 PM