Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Grass keeps clogging chute on Snapper 21" pusher

On Jul 7, 2:46*am, "Larry" wrote:
"muzician21" wrote in message

It is a mulching blade but that's what's been on it since the 70's.
*****

A blade that is used to bag the grass has a different angle (steeper) which
generates the air flow necessary to bag the grass. A mulching blade does not
have this. * Invest a few bucks in a regular blade if you really want it bag
the grass.

After further consideration, I think I might be wrong about it being
the original blade. Today I got a "universal" 21" blade from Home
Depot but the center hole isn't wide enough. Think it would make any
difference if I reamed out the hole as opposed to finding a Snapper
blade that fits? Anything special about Snapper blades?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jul 8, 12:01*am, muzician21 wrote:
On Jul 7, 2:46*am, "Larry" wrote:

"muzician21" wrote in message
It is a mulching blade but that's what's been on it since the 70's.
*****

A blade that is used to bag the grass has a different angle (steeper) which
generates the air flow necessary to bag the grass. A mulching blade does not
have this. * Invest a few bucks in a regular blade if you really want it bag
the grass.

After further consideration, I think I might be wrong about it being
the original blade. Today I got a "universal" 21" blade from Home
Depot but the center hole isn't wide enough. Think it would make any
difference if I reamed out the hole as opposed to finding a Snapper
blade that fits? Anything special about Snapper blades?

You wont ream it evenly, it will make it unbalanced and will have to
be balanced, but I bet it has a mulch blade, the best. CR has mulch
ratings you can compare, I bet your machine rates well so its your
conditions making it clog.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

muzician21 wrote:
On Jul 7, 2:46 am, "Larry" wrote:
"muzician21" wrote in message

It is a mulching blade but that's what's been on it since the 70's.
*****

A blade that is used to bag the grass has a different angle (steeper) which
generates the air flow necessary to bag the grass. A mulching blade does not
have this. Invest a few bucks in a regular blade if you really want it bag
the grass.

After further consideration, I think I might be wrong about it being
the original blade. Today I got a "universal" 21" blade from Home
Depot but the center hole isn't wide enough. Think it would make any
difference if I reamed out the hole as opposed to finding a Snapper
blade that fits? Anything special about Snapper blades?

A universal blade will not work on a Snapper. Go to a lawnmower shop and
ask for a snapper bagging blade. It's has a higher lift than the std
Snapper blade. Take your current blade (the one that fits) with you to
compare length and center hole.

--
Art