Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Overhead garage door power problem

I have a garage door openen from the company "Overhead Door". Just
started having a problem with it. Once it opens up and close the
garage door, it seems to loose its power automatically. The power is
sometime lost while in middle of its operation. And it again gains
the power by itself. The light on the wall switch goes off when the
power is lost. Any solution?

thanks
rajesh
Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote...
I have a garage door openen from the company "Overhead Door". Just
started having a problem with it. Once it opens up and close the
garage door, it seems to loose its power automatically. The power is
sometime lost while in middle of its operation. And it again gains
the power by itself. The light on the wall switch goes off when the
power is lost. Any solution?

Sounds like the motor is overheating, and the automatic thermal switch is
activated. The balance spring on the door may be weak, or the motor is too
small for the installation.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Aug 27, 6:59*pm, wrote:
I have a garage door openen from the company "Overhead Door". *Just
started having a problem with it. *Once it opens up and close the
garage door, it seems to loose its power automatically. *The power is
sometime lost while in middle of its operation. *And it again gains
the power by itself. *The light on the wall switch goes off when the
power is lost. *Any solution?

thanks
rajesh

I had the exact same problem with my Overhead Door Python2. It got so
bad that the power would not even come on anymore (no green/red lights
on sensors). I removed the blue cover (one screw on bottom) and
figured out that there was a bad solder joint on the backside of the
board, probably due to the vibration from usage. The culprit was one
of the pins on the transformer (the big square box on the top/middle
of the board). I simply re-soldered all five pins and presto, it is
working like a champ again. This is a pretty easy fix if you have are
handy with a soldering iron. MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG THE OPENER BEFORE
TRYING ANYTHING LIKE THIS!