Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.equipment

Default Faulty Oven thermostat

Just before Christmas the thermostat on our Canon failed due to
excessive temperatures and blew the door out. This was repaired at the
time and since then. the oven has worked fine.

Yesterday however, when we were cooking tea, the whole electricity for
the house went off and we had to flip the switch for the main
electricity to the house. From this point onwards, the over will not
heat up, no matter what the temperature setting is. We have contacted
the company who did the work before Christmas and they are saying the
work was only covered for 3 months.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do next, its looking
like a new oven but as this one is only just over 2 years old I'm not
really that keen on forking out for a new one
Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.equipment

It could be that the heating element has broken. Also if it overheated,
something else may have been damaged such as the insulation on wiring.

If it is less expensive to repair than replace, I would have it repaired.
Might want to ask the repair person to inspect the wiring to be sure all is
ok.

Also repair warranties only cover the part which was replaced. If you have a
thermostat go out one week then a heating element the next week, the heating
element would not be covered. (Like with a car. If you get new tires and
later have engine trouble, the tire warranty would not cover the engine
trouble.)