Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Continually sidestepping foreclosure?

I have a neighbor who has been listed among the foreclosure listings in the
Legal Notices section of my paper on and off for some time. He's on again - the
date of his foreclosure is back in 2005. Over this time, the family is going to
move, then they're not going to move, then they're going to move...

Is there some mechanism by which people stave off foreclosure for 3 years like
this?

Banty

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On 4 May 2008 05:09:32 -0700, Banty wrote:

I have a neighbor who has been listed among the foreclosure listings in the
Legal Notices section of my paper on and off for some time. He's on again - the
date of his foreclosure is back in 2005. Over this time, the family is going to
move, then they're not going to move, then they're going to move...

Is there some mechanism by which people stave off foreclosure for 3 years like
this?

Banty

One way is to get a lawyer who will try to make the other side prove
they own the mortgage. In these days of securitiization of mortgages,
the paperwork often doesn't keep up and some courts are putting some
of the big mortgage servicers in quite a spot by asking for proof.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On May 4, 8:09*am, Banty wrote:
I have a neighbor who has been listed among the foreclosure listings in the
Legal Notices section of my paper on and off for some time. *He's on again - the
date of his foreclosure is back in 2005. *Over this time, the family is going to
move, then they're not going to move, then they're going to move...

Is there some mechanism by which people stave off foreclosure for 3 years like
this?

Find a messageboard that specializes in helping out deadbeats. They
know all the tricks.