Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default How Many Open Houses Should I Have

Should I have an open house every weekend? What's the standard?
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article
,
afisher wrote:

Should I have an open house every weekend? What's the standard?

How badly do you want to sell your house? You can have only
one if you want, but then people will have to go out of their
way to make an appointment to see your house. If you have it
open on the weekends, then all the Saturday and Sunday house
hunters can pop in and pop out. The more people you get
though your house, the better chance of getting an offer or
two.

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * * http://www.johnweeks.com
Posted to misc.consumers.house

afisher wrote:
Should I have an open house every weekend? What's the standard?

I've talked to one Real Estate agent who said she'd never sold a
home because of an open house held there... but that those open
houses had led to lots of other sales. I've spoken to other agents
since who weren't willing to use "never", but who said that "rarely"
would fit.

Are you selling your house yourself, or is it listed with an agent?
If you're doing it, you need to work to get qualified buyers to
look at your house, not just lookers.

I have a sneaking suspicion that a constant stream of lookers
will make it harder for an agent to make a successful showing with
a qualified prospective buyer.

If your house is listed with MLS, you're probably going to get a
quicker sale if you offer a 1% bonus to the seller's agent.

thomas.