Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default House remodeling inspection approval - Help/Advice needed, please

Hello,

I finished my house remodel and called the city inspection for the
final approval.

Instead of the inspector who was cominng during the construction steps
a new one came and said one my windows was not per code and it would
not pass.

I showed the drawings with the window's specs, which were approved by
the city and the inspection table signed by the previous inspector but
it was to no avail. According this this "new" inspector they made
mistakes and I have to change my window.

To change this window would cost a couple thousands or more since
walls and window trimming are done.

Anyone knows if the city is liable for this kind of mistake and/or I
can go to court and force the city to approve the window or pay for
the fixing? Any precedents that can be used?

It's amazing that the city recognizes they made a mistake but the
expenses are all on me. There must be an intelligent way out of this
insanity.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Mar 2, 11:58 am, Rookie_Remodeler wrote:
[...]

Talk to a lawyer...
This is not the venue where you would get advice that you could
actually act on.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Mar 2, 12:58*pm, Rookie_Remodeler wrote:
[...]

Why did they not pass, call and ask for the other inspector.