Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Whistling central heating?

hi all

I've got a problem with my central heating in that it's making a non-stop
whistling noise whenever it's switched on. The whistling isn't coming from
the boiler though - it sounds as if it coming from a ceiling corner in my
living room... Any idea what could be wrong at all?

cheers

Daz

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article ,
"dustie" wrote:

I've got a problem with my central heating in that it's making a non-stop
whistling noise whenever it's switched on. The whistling isn't coming from
the boiler though - it sounds as if it coming from a ceiling corner in my
living room... Any idea what could be wrong at all?

Do you have access to the heating pipes in that area? If so, check
it out. Look for any breaks or gaps in the pipe, broken supports,
or a damper control in the pipe. Fixing or adjusting the pipe or
damper might fix it.

If you don't have access, then you need help. A duct cleaning service
might be able to get a camera into that area. You might have debris
in that area that needs cleaning. Otherwise, call a HVAC company to
come check it out.

Something like that would drive me crazy very quickly.

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * * http://www.johnweeks.com
Posted to misc.consumers.house

dustie wrote:

hi all

I've got a problem with my central heating in that it's making a non-stop
whistling noise whenever it's switched on. The whistling isn't coming from
the boiler though - it sounds as if it coming from a ceiling corner in my
living room... Any idea what could be wrong at all?

cheers

Daz

Post to this group:

UK.D-I-Y

Jim
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Feb 18, 11:46*am, "dustie" wrote:
hi all

I've got a problem with my central heating in that it's making a non-stop
whistling noise whenever it's switched on. *The whistling isn't coming from
the boiler though - it sounds as if it coming from a ceiling corner in my
living room... *Any idea what could be wrong at all?

cheers

Daz

Is it a steam system, then its likely a bad vent on the radiator or
return, or supply.