Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS KLS is offline

Default are 4 boards creating a post as strong as a 4x4?

I'm having a debate with a relative about whether the posts on my 1930
house, constructed with 4 boards, are unsafe. He thinks they're a
huge safety hazard, that the house will collapse, and that only 4x4
should be used to replace these posts. I think he's full of ****, but
I need evidence supporting my point (as if 77 years of unflagging
support isn't evidence enough). Can people here guide me to links
that will enlighten this person? All help much appreciated.