Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Rewiring older home

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are looking at possibly moving into her mother's old
home, but one of my concerns is the wiring in the house. The home was
built in the early 1950's, and with an older fusebox outside the house
(old screw-in fuses) plus no ground on any power outlets (two-prong),
we're thinking of having the house rewired plus putting a newer
fusebox (with circuit breakers) inside the house.

The house is three bedroom, one bath (about 1200 sq), and there's
about 3-4 outlets per room. Does someone know the approximate cost
we're looking at for such a job? Also, would it be something I could
do to some degree? Possibly running all the wires back to a central
location to have an electrician come in and wire-up the box with
inside lines plus city power?

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas ...

Alex

Rewiring older home Alex Home Repair 24 April 21st 07 09:05 PM
Installing a dishwasher in an older home discobiscuit Home Repair 3 December 19th 06 12:55 PM
Older home insulation Marc Home Repair 4 September 27th 05 09:02 PM
Buying an older home with attic mold? Gerald Nunn Home Repair 27 April 8th 05 04:40 AM
Low-voltage installation in older home [email protected] Home Repair 2 February 25th 05 07:32 PM