Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Speed Queen Front Loading Washer

Hello,

I have been looking for a good front loading washer. I like the
appearance of the Neptune, but the horror stories that I have heard
from close friends have made me shy away from that orphaned line.
Consumer Reports seems to like the Duet from Whirlpool, but I have
read some bad reviews from owners. The GE and LG look like junk and
the rest of the brands just seem to be rebadged models from another
company.

Ok, then there is the Speed Queen. Appearance wise, it looks boring
and ultra commercial. Since my local dealer knows less about the
specs than I do, I am coming here to find out the real truth about
these units.

1. Are they hard on clothes? I assume that the lack of agitator bar
eliminates that problem. Not sure though.
2. Do they get mildew on the gasket between the door and the tub?
3. Do they clean well?

If you can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.