Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default armorcoat or llumar window security film

Hi,

Living in South Florida I've been considering getting 8 mil armorcoat
hurricane film for my windows. It's supposed to be able to withstand
up to 170 MPH wind, as well as flying debree. I know that the windows
break, but they're supposed to stay in place to provide continued
protection against the storm.

Anybody have any expert opinions on this?

Also, is the Dow 995 anchoring a lot better than the GE? They don't
seem to have Dow 995 in clear.

thanks

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
oups.com...

Living in South Florida I've been considering getting 8 mil armorcoat
hurricane film for my windows. It's supposed to be able to withstand
up to 170 MPH wind, as well as flying debree. I know that the windows
break, but they're supposed to stay in place to provide continued
protection against the storm.

Anybody have any expert opinions on this?

Yes, the housing/construction division of the US
National Bureau of Standards (now renamed something
else I think.) Your US taxes have already paid for its
engineers to answer questions like this.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs