Default Mirror window film

I have a built in wardrobe with partially glazed doors

I want to turn the glass into a mirror - would reflective window film
sold for privacy purposes do the job ?

The existing glazing cannot be removed as it appears bonded to the MDF
door which has been machined to create a multipane window effect.

Or any other suggestions of how to create a mirror effect.

Thanks

Robert

royall which net
royall at which net
Lobster

wrote in message
I have a built in wardrobe with partially glazed doors

I want to turn the glass into a mirror - would reflective window film
sold for privacy purposes do the job ?

The existing glazing cannot be removed as it appears bonded to the MDF
door which has been machined to create a multipane window effect.

Well yes, it would certainly make a mirror of sorts - but not of the quality
of a 'real' one I wouldn't have thought. If you're just after the effect of
a mirror (eg for making the room look bigger etc) it would probably be OK,
but if it's for SWMBO to apply her eyeliner, I suspect it wouldn't pass
muster.

David

Mary Fisher

"Lobster" wrote in message

I want to turn the glass into a mirror - would reflective window film
sold for privacy purposes do the job ?

Well yes, it would certainly make a mirror of sorts - but not of the
quality of a 'real' one I wouldn't have thought. If you're just after the
effect of a mirror (eg for making the room look bigger etc) it would
probably be OK, but if it's for SWMBO to apply her eyeliner, I suspect it
wouldn't pass muster.

They're awful. If it's for the lady to look at her image full length it's
even worse than applying eyeliner - which you can do with a hand-held
mirror.

I remember it well.

Do they still use eye liners?

Mary
Mary

nightjar

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...
Do they still use eye liners?

Most of my Saturdays seem to be spent standing around various cosmetics
counters while she looks for just the right consistency / colour / make. It
is worse than shoe shopping.

Colin Bignell

Mary Fisher

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert_my_surname_here wrote in message
.. .
Do they still use eye liners?

Most of my Saturdays seem to be spent standing around various cosmetics
counters while she looks for just the right consistency / colour / make.
It is worse than shoe shopping.

I don't buy or wear shoes either.

But there again I don't look smart or alluring or businesslike or attractive
.... in fact I'm a mess.

I'll stay shoeless.

Not because I don't like them, my feet aren't fat but they're fat too broad
to fit any commercially made shoes. Always have been. Those made for old
women, like me, fit across the toes but flop about the nkles, I have slim
ankles.

This is a DIY issue. Spouse makes my medieval shoes and sandals - which I
wer most of the time. when it's really cold I wear sheepskin boots which are
wonderful but frightfully expensive. The Celtic Sheepskin Company. And no
socks.

Mary

Colin Bignell

Owain

Colin Bignell wrote
| Do they still use eye liners?
| Most of my Saturdays seem to be spent standing around various
| cosmetics counters while she looks for just the right consistency
| / colour / make. It is worse than shoe shopping.

Why can't she just get the same as she got last time?

Owain

At present there are cutains behind the door windows - a bedroom
makeover requires a change.

Use as a mirror not required, I would have removed glass and replaced
with mirror if I could, but I reckon any attempt would result in the
thin MDF breaking!

Interesting discussion so far - have you noticed how the upmarket
dress shops have a chair and motor mags for the "husband"

Robert

royall at which net
dotdotdot

wrote in message
I have a built in wardrobe with partially glazed doors

I want to turn the glass into a mirror - would reflective window film
sold for privacy purposes do the job ?

The existing glazing cannot be removed as it appears bonded to the MDF
door which has been machined to create a multipane window effect.

Or any other suggestions of how to create a mirror effect.

Thanks

Robert

You can actually buy mirror on a roll which, provided you take a lot of care
applying it, works very well. If it's put on properly, you wouldn't know it
wasn't a solid mirror. do a Google for "mirror roll"

nightjar

"Owain" wrote in message
Colin Bignell wrote
| Do they still use eye liners?
| Most of my Saturdays seem to be spent standing around various
| cosmetics counters while she looks for just the right consistency
| / colour / make. It is worse than shoe shopping.

Why can't she just get the same as she got last time?

She has a talent for liking things that have recently been discontinued.

Colin Bignell

BigWallop

wrote in message
I have a built in wardrobe with partially glazed doors

I want to turn the glass into a mirror - would reflective window film
sold for privacy purposes do the job ?

The existing glazing cannot be removed as it appears bonded to the MDF
door which has been machined to create a multipane window effect.

Or any other suggestions of how to create a mirror effect.

Thanks

Robert

Have a web search for a product called "Vitrail". It's made, or supplied in
the UK, by a company called "Pebeo", who also make other paint and tint
products for fabrics, glass and all sorts of other things. Their stuff is
great and cheap for these types of effects on glass and plastics.

Mary Fisher

wrote in message
At present there are cutains behind the door windows - a bedroom
makeover requires a change.

Use as a mirror not required,

Oh, in that case go ahead!

Interesting discussion so far - have you noticed how the upmarket
dress shops have a chair and motor mags for the "husband"

No ... Oxfam doesn't.

Mary

Mary Fisher

wrote in message

Interesting discussion so far - have you noticed how the upmarket
dress shops have a chair and motor mags for the "husband"

Why? He shouldn't be there in the first place, he should be enjoying
himself on the golf course or at football or in the pub

Indeed. What's he doing interfering with the wife?

Mary

Owain

Robert wrote
| Interesting discussion so far - have you noticed how the
| upmarket dress shops have a chair and motor mags for the
| "husband"
| Why? He shouldn't be there in the first place, he should
| be enjoying himself on the golf course or at football or
| in the pub

And now Chip'n'PIN is coming in, hubby doesn't even have to be there to sign
the credit card slip. Keep your PIN secure - "careless talk, costly wives".

Owain

Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message

And now Chip'n'PIN is coming in, hubby doesn't even have to be there to
sign
the credit card slip. Keep your PIN secure - "careless talk, costly
wives".

I wish Spouse would have taken responsibility for financial matters of any
kind. His motto was: I earn it, you spend it.

Mary

Owain

Mary Fisher

wrote in message
news

Anyone who allows their wife to have a credit card deserves all they
get.
In those homes where the wife is given her weekly housekeeping money,
there is none of this retail therapy nonsense.

There's none of that in our house either (we don't live in a home). No
weekly housekeeping anything.

Everything's done by DD.

Shopping's a no no for both of us, we hate it.

Mary

Owain

"Mary Fisher" wrote
| I wish Spouse would have taken responsibility for financial matters
| of any kind. His motto was: I earn it, you spend it.

For most men, that's a complaint not a motto.

Owain

Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote
| I wish Spouse would have taken responsibility for financial matters
| of any kind. His motto was: I earn it, you spend it.

For most men, that's a complaint not a motto.

I'd love him to take control of the finances.

Or anything ...

said with feeling - and resigntion

Mary

Owain

Mary Fisher

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:47:05 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

wrote in message
news

Anyone who allows their wife to have a credit card deserves all they
get.
In those homes where the wife is given her weekly housekeeping money,
there is none of this retail therapy nonsense.

There's none of that in our house either (we don't live in a home). No
weekly housekeeping anything.

Everything's done by DD.

Shopping's a no no for both of us, we hate it.

Mary

This is excellent Mary I hope you are breeding, we need lots more like
you.

Long past breeding but we did our best. We have a daughter in law who's born
to shop and has infected her children but I think all the others are as idle
as we are :-) BTW she's an accountant so has her head screwed on and is
ultra sensible about spending.

Mary

nightjar

"Owain" wrote in message
Robert wrote
| Interesting discussion so far - have you noticed how the
| upmarket dress shops have a chair and motor mags for the
| "husband"
| Why? He shouldn't be there in the first place, he should
| be enjoying himself on the golf course or at football or
| in the pub

And now Chip'n'PIN is coming in, hubby doesn't even have to be there to
sign
the credit card slip. Keep your PIN secure - "careless talk, costly
wives".

She'll stop when she hits the card credit limit, so it is only the AmEx that
needs to be watched.

Colin Bignell