Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Low Water pH Level

My mains water pH is unusually low for my area. The usual level is
around 7.3 - 7.9, whereas my water is acidic at 6.7 and has a green
tint off it. Tests from other houses show alkaline readings, and it
frustrates me because of the effect it has on the household copper
pipes. We had a sediment filter installed for a while, and it went
brown very quickly. Could there be acidic soils that are bringing the
pH level down?