Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Any remote control portable electric heaters?

I need a smallish portable electric room heater.

I've looked at the Lakewood oil-filled models like this
link

http://www.lakewoodeng.com/html/list_oilfilled.html

I've also looked at the small fan forced milk house
style as well.

Thing is Id like a portable heater that has a remote
control. Seems like that would be very handy and many
summer portable fans are remote controlled now.

I cant seem to find a good remote controlled portable
heater tho.

Have any sources or advice?
Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote:

I need a smallish portable electric room heater.

I've looked at the Lakewood oil-filled models like this
link

http://www.lakewoodeng.com/html/list_oilfilled.html

I've also looked at the small fan forced milk house
style as well.

Thing is Id like a portable heater that has a remote
control. Seems like that would be very handy and many
summer portable fans are remote controlled now.

I cant seem to find a good remote controlled portable
heater tho.

Have any sources or advice?

I have one of these and like it a lot. It's taller than a milk house
heater, it can be set to oscillate and yes, it has a remote control:

http://laskoproducts.com/heaters/model_5130.html
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Hell Toupee wrote:

I have one of these and like it a lot. It's taller than a milk house
heater, it can be set to oscillate and yes, it has a remote control:

http://laskoproducts.com/heaters/model_5130.html

OK thanks!

Ideally tho I guess I would want a remote controlled
oil filled unit.

Reason being is that I will be sleeping in same room
with it and need something with no fan noise and is
silent in operation.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Chris Hill wrote:

Why? Oil filled will take a long time to warm a room; better to put
it on a heavy-duty timer and have it come on an hour before you get
up.

Ok you've convinced me

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Chris Hill wrote:

better to put
it on a heavy-duty timer and have it come on an hour before you get
up.

The more I think of this the more I'm not sure a timer
will work either.just

What I really need is a timer AND a way to manually
override the timer such as remote control.

Timer would work OK thru the week when my schedule is
set....i.e. not at the house after 8m cause off to
work.

But on weekends that schedule doesn't exist and would
need a way to run in manual or override mode then.

Any ideas?