Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Electric Heaters

I am in FL. and every year there are a few days when we need a small
electric heater to help warm up the great room - no point in heating
up the rest of the house by running the furnace. Last year, I bought a
Pelonis oil filled radiator and brought it home and tried it.... we put
the built in thermostat on high and turned it on. The room itself was
not cold when I did this...the heat came on but it put out very small
amount of heat. It would not have helped on a real cold day so I
returned it to the store.

Today I went looking and was only able to find two brands. One was
Pelonis the other Honeywell and they appeared to be twins in everything
but name.

Does anyone have experience with these? Would the heater have put out
more heat if the room had been cold? Or should I be looking for a
different kind of heater? Thanks for any help.

Electric baseboard heaters Remi Home Repair 7 September 19th 06 02:53 AM
Gas or Electric? phaeton Home Repair 22 October 27th 05 12:21 AM
Portable Electric Heaters - Which is better? [email protected] Home Repair 5 January 24th 05 02:53 PM
GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main bord failure number #3! henrib7 Home Repair 7 June 13th 04 09:30 AM
Air V/S Electric ratchet tool SQLit Home Repair 3 May 30th 04 07:46 PM