Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default porcelain sink - can I grind it?

I laid 12x12 granite on my kitchen counter. It is a little uneven where the
2 pieces meet up.
The sink sits perfect in the hole, but like a teeter totter, unbalanced in
the middle of both sides of the sink, letting it rock from front to back a
bit. There is too much space front and back to caulk and seal the sink to
the granite, which is now dried and is in permanently. My sink is porcelain.
Is there any way I can lightly grind the middle bottom lip of both sides of
the sink so it lays flat on the granite? What would I grind it with? Any
other suggestions?
Thanks,
Holly

Posted to misc.consumers.house

hollyyvr wrote:
I laid 12x12 granite on my kitchen counter. It is a little uneven where the
2 pieces meet up.
The sink sits perfect in the hole, but like a teeter totter, unbalanced in
the middle of both sides of the sink, letting it rock from front to back a
bit. There is too much space front and back to caulk and seal the sink to
the granite, which is now dried and is in permanently. My sink is porcelain.
Is there any way I can lightly grind the middle bottom lip of both sides of
the sink so it lays flat on the granite? What would I grind it with? Any
other suggestions?
Thanks,
Holly

This is porcelain on steel/iron?
I would do it. Perhaps a Dremel grinder.
Experiment some place that won't show.
Wear a dust mask!!

Jim

Posted to misc.consumers.house
jim jim is offline

Suggest you not take a grinder to this as you stand a good chance of
ruining the sink take a small dremmel and lightly polish the edge off
this will be slow but less chance of damaging sink or porcelin. how
much gap are we talking about here you can,t shim with something and
fill the gap then with silicon