Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Tiling onto flooboards...

Am planning on putting in a new floor in my bathroom using either real
stone slate or porcelain tiles. The floorboards are quite eneven so as
I understand, I need to put down something else first.

Diydoctor.org recommend using 22mm plywood on 'quarry' tiles. Surely
they can't expect someone to raise their floor by 22mm? It says 6mm
plywood is fine for vinyl tiles, and a friend also said it was ok to
use 6mm.

Can anybody offer any advice? Anything else I should watch out for?

Thanks, Miguel

Bathroom tiling - behind or around?! shaun UK diy 12 November 21st 05 09:16 PM
Plastering and tiling a window sill Ian Clowes UK diy 4 October 23rd 05 07:32 PM
Bathroom tiling.. tarquinlinbin UK diy 6 March 4th 05 11:26 PM
Another Tiling Question Mike James UK diy 5 August 8th 04 11:36 AM
Quick tiling questions Bill Gardener UK diy 9 March 3rd 04 11:05 PM