Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tom

Default How to connect 4 primed cable to 3 holes electric outlet?

Hi,

I bought a relatively new electric range(Stove) to replace our broken
one. The "new" KitchenAid stove pig-tail has four primes, while the
outlet on the wall has only three holes. What should I do?

I was thinking there is some kind of adapter that I can directly insert
it to the 3 holes outlet on the wall and on its back there are four
holes. But the Home Depot people said that they have never seen that
kind of adapter. I am very surprised for that.

Then, I bought 3 primed pig tail. I want to replace it. But, I found it
is very, very hard to unscrew the original one. Now, I am thinking to
change the outlet on the wall to four holes outlet by myself. Is this a
better choice?

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Speedy Jim

Tom wrote:

Hi,

I bought a relatively new electric range(Stove) to replace our broken
one. The "new" KitchenAid stove pig-tail has four primes, while the
outlet on the wall has only three holes. What should I do?

I was thinking there is some kind of adapter that I can directly insert
it to the 3 holes outlet on the wall and on its back there are four
holes. But the Home Depot people said that they have never seen that
kind of adapter. I am very surprised for that.

Then, I bought 3 primed pig tail. I want to replace it. But, I found it
is very, very hard to unscrew the original one. Now, I am thinking to
change the outlet on the wall to four holes outlet by myself. Is this a
better choice?

There is NO adapter for this because it would cause a safety hazard.
In fact, all of the solutions you propose have some hazard involved.

The plugs were changed to 4 "hole" to increase the safety of
stoves and electric dryers.

Post to this group for more opinions:
alt.home.repair

Jim

Cable TV options? mgarvie Home Repair 18 April 6th 06 01:14 AM
Opposable thumbs are good Greg Postma Metalworking 9 August 15th 05 08:17 PM
slightly OT NTL/Telewest cable descrambler ntldescrambler UK diy 10 August 26th 04 03:25 PM
Boring dog holes... Silvan Woodworking 5 November 4th 03 07:10 PM
Routeing Electrical FTE cable pickerel UK diy 3 July 24th 03 12:43 AM