DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to connect 4 primed cable to 3 holes electric outlet? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/165662-how-connect-4-primed-cable-3-holes-electric-outlet.html)

Tom June 14th 06 01:13 PM

How to connect 4 primed cable to 3 holes electric outlet?

Hi,

I bought a relatively new electric range(Stove) to replace our broken
one. The "new" KitchenAid stove pig-tail has four primes, while the
outlet on the wall has only three holes. What should I do?

I was thinking there is some kind of adapter that I can directly insert
it to the 3 holes outlet on the wall and on its back there are four
holes. But the Home Depot people said that they have never seen that
kind of adapter. I am very surprised for that.

Then, I bought 3 primed pig tail. I want to replace it. But, I found it
is very, very hard to unscrew the original one. Now, I am thinking to
change the outlet on the wall to four holes outlet by myself. Is this a
better choice?

Speedy Jim June 14th 06 05:17 PM

Tom wrote:

Hi,

I bought a relatively new electric range(Stove) to replace our broken
one. The "new" KitchenAid stove pig-tail has four primes, while the
outlet on the wall has only three holes. What should I do?

I was thinking there is some kind of adapter that I can directly insert
it to the 3 holes outlet on the wall and on its back there are four
holes. But the Home Depot people said that they have never seen that
kind of adapter. I am very surprised for that.

Then, I bought 3 primed pig tail. I want to replace it. But, I found it
is very, very hard to unscrew the original one. Now, I am thinking to
change the outlet on the wall to four holes outlet by myself. Is this a
better choice?

There is NO adapter for this because it would cause a safety hazard.
In fact, all of the solutions you propose have some hazard involved.

The plugs were changed to 4 "hole" to increase the safety of
stoves and electric dryers.

Post to this group for more opinions:
alt.home.repair

Jim