Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tom

Default How to connect 4 primed cable to 3 holes electric outlet?

Hi,

I bought a relatively new electric range(Stove) to replace our broken
one. The "new" KitchenAid stove pig-tail has four primes, while the
outlet on the wall has only three holes. What should I do?

I was thinking there is some kind of adapter that I can directly insert
it to the 3 holes outlet on the wall and on its back there are four
holes. But the Home Depot people said that they have never seen that
kind of adapter. I am very surprised for that.

Then, I bought 3 primed pig tail. I want to replace it. But, I found it
is very, very hard to unscrew the original one. Now, I am thinking to
change the outlet on the wall to four holes outlet by myself. Is this a
better choice?